Making a complaint about AA Breakdown

Although the AA do a fantastic job, fixing 8 out of 10 cars by the roadside, there are unfortunately times where you may need to make a complaint about your cover. If you are an existing customer and you wish to make a complaint about AA Breakdown, the steps you need to take are simple.

Making a complaint by phone

The first and foremost way to make a complaint about AA Breakdown Cover is to pick up the phone and speak to the company directly. Your call will be handled by an experienced member of the AA team who will take down all the necessary details. In order to help the advisor, you should have to hand as much details of the incident in question before you make the call. You should also have your membership number and personal details ready to give them. The more helpful you are, the more likely you are to receive a positive response from your dispute.

Making a complaint by email

You can send your complaint by email using the following address: We advise that you write your complaint in a document beforehand so that you can go over the details before sending the message. Be as detailed as possible and send your membership number with your complaint.

Making a complaint by post

You can do things the traditional way by sending your complaint through the post to the AA’s headquarters. If you make your complaint in this manner, you should of course be aware that you will have to expect a longer wait for a response. Send across as much details of the incident as possible along with your membership number so that your complaint can be handled in the best manner. You can send your complaints to the following address:

Member Relations
The Automobile Association
Lambert House
Stockport Road

Complaining by fax

You can also send your complaint by fax to the following number: 0161 488 7544.

How long will I have to wait for a response?

The AA aims to respond to all complaints within five working days of receipt. They will advise you who is dealing with the complaint and when you should expect a final response. If you are unhappy with the final response you may refer your dispute to the Financial Ombudsman Service for help and advice.